Oil - 1 Tbsp
Onion - 1/2 med, chopped
"Chicken" - 1 packs of Gardein Chick'n Scallipini or similar, cut into bite size pieces
Ginger - 1 Tbsp, minced
Garlic - 1 Tbsp, minced
Salt - to taste
Curry Powder - 3 Tbsp (divided)
Lemon/Lime Juice - 1 Tbsp or to taste
Cream Cheese - 8 oz pkg of Tofutti cream cheese at room temperature
Vegetable Broth/Stock - 2 cups (less for a thicker gravy)
Tomatoes - 1/4 cup (grape or cherry tomatoes work best)
Cilantro - few sprigs, chopped for garnishing
1. Heat Oil in a pan and add Onions. Cook for 1-2 mins until lightly brown and translucent.
2. In a mixing bowl, add Chick'n pieces, Ginger, Garlic, Salt, 2 Tbsp Curry Powder. Mix well.
3. Add Lemon/Lime Juice and mix well.
4. Add Chick'n to the pan with onions and mix well.
5. Cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes…stirring occasionally.
6. Mix softened Cream Cheese and Broth/Stock with a hand blender and keep aside.
7. Add the Cream Cheese sauce, Tomatoes and 1 Tbsp Curry Powder. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
8. Garnish with Cilantro and serve with Rice, Roti, or Naan Bread.